By default, Cortex paths automatically deliver content to users on their terms. Email steps placed without a Timing step use timing optimization to send based on each user’s best predicted interval and time of day. If you place an Email step after a Timing step, then users moving through the path receive the email at the time you specify instead.
To override the AI-optimized timing rules:
- Drag a Custom Timing step into your path.
- Click on the new Custom Timing step.
- Configure the settings to control when users move onto the next step by selecting:
- ASAP - This will allow the users to move to the next step immediately without any wait.
- Delay the next step - This option allows you to override the predicted interval and send time for each user. Enter a specific number of days or let Cortex decide.