There are three main areas to consider when working with ReSci SMS for text messaging:
Audience / List building refers to the collection of phone numbers from visitors to your website or other channels. Both terms are used interchangeably here, so we are introducing both terms here.
Once these users visit your website, they are presented with options to join your text messaging list, after which we consider them your subscribers.
There are two ways you can convert website visitors into subscribers with ReSci SMS:
- Introducing a modal (pop-up) window on your mobile website homepage or other pages.
- Asking users to text a keyword to your ReSci SMS text messaging short code, which is the 5-digit code provided to you by your ReSci representative.
After the users have opted-in to be subscribers, we continue to engage them through drips and campaigns.
Drips are follow-up messages that are automatically sent to users after a specific triggering event. Triggering events include a user subscribing or a user making a purchase. These drips are usually sent over several days with messages designed to re-engage a user to stay connected to your brand or make a purchase.
Drips are not a requirement, but the ReSci SMS team strongly recommends using a few drips to increase customer engagement & conversion.
The primary drips we recommend are:
- 1 short term drip (2-7 days after subscription)
- 1 long term drip (8-15 days after subscription)
- 1 post-purchase drip (first 30 days after initial purchase)
These types of drips have shown to increase user conversions, customer engagement, and brand loyalty.
Campaigns are one-time messages that are sent around specific events, promotions, sales, or launches to increase awareness & conversions. With ReSci SMS, you can schedule campaigns for a future date and our systems will send them out automatically so that customers receive your messages on time.