Frequency options let your users choose how often they want to receive your newsletters. You’ll be able to create, edit, and delete frequency options for the newsletter type, and users can choose the option that applies best for them. Cortex will do the work to automatically send newsletters based on each individual user’s preference, no matter how many Promo Blasts you send.
To set your frequency options, find the Types section on the Subscriptions page, and click the Configure button.
In this article, you’ll learn how to configure your frequency options. After setting up frequency options, you’ll need to make them visible to users on the Manage preferences landing page.
Before configuring your frequency options, here are some things to know:
- By default, all new users will receive newsletters based on your scheduling.
- This feature lets users override Cortex’s scheduling for Promo Blast and Smart Blast. Other timing-based rules for all other stages still follow Cortex’s default rules and predictions.
Create a new frequency option
To create a new frequency option, follow the steps below:
- Click the Add option button. A new row will appear in the table.
- Add a label for this option. This text is what your users will see when managing their preferences.
- Input an interval for this frequency option. This value is how long Cortex will wait before sending a newsletter to a given user.
- Click the Add button in the row.
- Save your changes by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Edit a frequency option
You can edit the label or interval of a frequency option by clicking the Edit button for a particular option.
If you edit the interval for a frequency option that users have already selected, then there are two ways to handle the preferences for these given users:
Reset users’ intervals back to Cortex default
This action will clear the frequency preference for all users who selected this frequency option. They will start receiving newsletters based on your scheduling.
Change users’ intervals to the new value
This action will change the frequency preference for all users from the old interval to the new interval. They will start receiving newsletters based on this new interval.