Zapier is an integration platform that is used to glue together APIs. The primary objective of companies using Zapier is to allow business users to build workflows and actions across platforms that are disconnected from each other. One example is sales users who need an email platform like Hubspot to automate lead generation from a CRM like Salesforce. A current use case for Zapier would be to integrate 3rd party popup providers with ReSci.
On Zapier there are triggers and creates. A trigger is a source of data. A create destination of data from a trigger. A Zap is a mapping between sources and destinations.
This article will cover
- Setup: Walk through how to setup and use the ReSci Zapier App
- Data: Discuss the data and APIs available to Zapier
- Usage: Walk through an example of how to create a Zap within Zapier
- The ReSci app is currently in Beta and is invite only. Please email email@example.com to request access. Please include the email of the person who will be creating the "Zap" in the request. We will respond with the ReSci API key (required below) after we have sent the invitation for access.
- You will need a trigger with user information to setup a Zap with ReSci. Please see the Usage section below for popular email capture providers that can connect to ReSci with Zapier.
- After you have been invited to use the ReSci app and you have chosen a source for user capture, you can now create a Zap (For details on creating a Zap, see this article). Select the ReSci app as an "Action"
3. After setting up the trigger, choose the "Create User" Action in our app. Click Save + Continue
4. Click Connect
5. Paste in the ReSci API key then click "Yes, Continue"
6. Click "Save + Continue"
7. Map the fields from the trigger to ReSci
8. Click "continue"
10. Click Finish after the test succeeds
11. Name your Zap
When you turn the Zap on you are done!
Currently, the ReSci Zapier app will access our User create API. Below is a table of how the Zapier app leverages the ReSci API for the "Create User" action
|Zapier <> ReSci Create User||Required||Default Value||
|id||yes, but optional||md5 hash of email||
If the ID is not sent, the Zapier app will automatically set the ID to the MD5 hash of the email
User's full name (first and last).
The source of the user's registration typically used for user segmentation
|birthday||no||format must be YYYY-MM-DD|
|send_transactional_welcome||no||true||When true, an email is sent to new users when there is an available template in the Welcome stage. When false Welcome emails will not go to new users. The default for this setting is true.|
Currently, the primary use for the Zapier ReSci app is for email capture. Popular email capture forms that can be integrated with the ReSci app are
To setup a Zap, please see the Setup section above for a step by step walkthrough
Typically, when capturing emails for new users you will want to send a welcome email. ReSci supports with with our welcome stage. Please see this article for welcome stage setup.