Please click here if you are using the latest version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
Products get used up and wear out. It only makes sense to send a reminder to your customers when it's time for them to get a refill, replacement, or just another version of the same product in a different color! Buy Again is designed to drive repeat purchases of the same product based on the expected repeat purchase rate. This is the perfect time to recommend a "subscribe" option if your store has one available!
Who will receive Buy Again?
Customers who have purchased any of your items with a replenishment interval set up will receive a Buy Again email.
When will Buy Again send?
Buy Again is controlled by an item's replenishment interval, which is the number of days after a purchase when a user is expected to re-purchase.
An item's replenishment interval can be set in three ways:
Explicit - Your store can set the replenishment interval for specific items, providing in-depth control for marketers. To learn more about setting the replenishment interval click here.
Predicted (individual) - If a user has displayed re-purchasing behavior, Cortex will set replenishment intervals specific to each user's shopping habits.
Predicted (average) - Without any explicit data, Cortex will interpret an average re-purchasing intervals for items in your store. This average time will be used to control Buy Again sends.
Important! Explicit replenish intervals will override any predicted interval.
How do Product Recs work for Buy Again?
Buy Again emails will populate with the previously purchased items whose replenishment interval overlaps within a 2-day window.
You can learn more about adding product recommendations to your Buy Again emails here.
- Create 2-4 templates with 3-5 subject lines so Cortex can optimize your open and click rate
- Use targeted language that shows appreciation for the customer and calls them towards another purchase
- Include a strong Call To Action
- Use Smart Segments to target one-time and repeat purchasers differently
- Offer a very small or no discount
- Provide smaller discounts or no discount for repeat purchasers to avoid diminishing the value reputation of your products at full price
- Include strong branding and language that encourages regular use of your products
Setting up your Buy Again email:
1. Click on the Buy Again stage.
2. Click on "New Email"
3. Choose the type of "New Email" --> Custom HTML or Drag and Drop Template Builder.
4. Whether you select the Custom HTML version or the Drag and Drop Template Builder, you will fill in the following sections:
Template Name = name your template.
Subject lines = add the subject lines you would like to be automatically split tested.
Preview Text = add the preview text that you want included in this email. More info here.
Optional sections include:
From email name and address = who the email says it is coming from.
Reply To email name and address = who the email gets forwarded to when the user clicks reply.
**These are optional because you have already setup a default From and Reply To email address during onboarding. If you want specific emails to have different From or Reply To names/email addresses, you would update it here at the template level.
Incentives = If you wish to include dynamic incentives in your Welcome email, you would pull the eligible incentives from the advanced settings screen. More info on including incentives in emails here.
Optional sections include:
Targeted Segment = is there a particular segment you want this email template to go to? If so, select that segment from the drop down. More info here.
5. Select SAVE when finished with your email template.
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. When you are ready to enable the stage, after saving, select "Back to List" to go to the stage's main page.
8. To enable the stage you will flip the toggle to "on".
9. To check the reporting on your new template, go to Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.