Please click here if you are using the latest version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
Item Back In Stock is a trigger stage that is activated by changing an item's inventory from 0 to anything greater than 0. The email will be sent to users who have purchased, browsed, or added-to-cart that back in stock item or items similar to that item. It's a great way to stimulate sales by targeting users whose predicted preferences include a popular item, without compromising your sends to other users by targeting them with an item they may not be interested in.
Who will receive Item Back In Stock?
Item Back In Stock will be sent to users with browsing or purchase history that includes items similar or related to an item whose inventory went from 0 to an actual inventory amount.
When will Item Back In Stock send?
Item Back In Stock will send beginning the day after an item in your catalog changes from 0 inventory to a number greater than 0, targeting users based on their best time to contact.
How do Product Recs work for Item Back In Stock?
Product recommendations for Item Back In Stock are split into 2 layers: the first is the actual item back in stock, and the remaining items are recommended based on similarity to that item.
The second layer will be based on the data that has been collected and analyzed for each individual’s purchase history and browsing behavior, the behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. This allows Cortex to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
You can learn more about adding dynamic product recommendations to your Item Back In Stock emails here.
You can learn more about the Item Back In Stock product recommendations here.
- Use high-energy language in the subject line and call-to-action
- Use engaging static content to frame the back-in-stock item
- Separate dynamic recommendations from the back-in-stock item
Setting up your Item Back In Stock email:
1. Click on the Item Back In Stock stage.
2. Click on "New Email"
3. Choose the type of "New Email" --> Custom HTML or Drag and Drop Template Builder.
4. Whether you select the Custom HTML version or the Drag and Drop Template Builder, you will fill in the following sections:
Template Name = name your template.
Subject lines = add the subject lines you would like to be automatically split tested.
Preview Text = add the preview text that you want included in this email. More info here.
Optional sections include:
From email name and address = who the email says it is coming from.
Reply To email name and address = who the email gets forwarded to when the user clicks reply.
**These are optional because you have already setup a default From and Reply To email address during onboarding. If you want specific emails to have different From or Reply To names/email addresses, you would update it here at the template level.
Incentives = If you wish to include dynamic incentives in your Welcome email, you would pull the eligible incentives from the advanced settings screen. More info on including incentives in emails here.
Optional sections include:
Targeted Segment = is there a particular segment you want this email template to go to? If so, select that segment from the drop down. More info here.
5. Select SAVE when finished with your email template.
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. When you are ready to enable the stage, after saving, select "Back to List" to go to the stage's main page.
8. To enable the stage you will flip the toggle to "on".
9. To check the reporting on your new template, go to Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.
Here's a great example of a simple Back In Stock template from our partner, Knixwear