Please click here if you are using the latest version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
New Arrivals is the smarter, simpler way to bring news of new products to the customers most likely to be interested in them. Instead of blasting your entire list with news of a product they may or may not be interested in, Cortex uses your customers' predicted preferences to build a list of customers to target
Who will receive New Arrivals?
New Arrivals will be sent to users with browsing or purchase history that includes items similar or related to an item recently added to the catalog.
When will New Arrivals send?
New Arrivals will send beginning the day after a new item in your product catalog is first available for purchase; targeting users based on their best time to contact.
How do Product Recs work for New Arrivals?
For all recommendation schemes in New Arrivals, the first recommendation will be a brand new item for your store, which has become available for purchase in the last 48 hours.
Additional recommendations can be defined by selecting from the following recommendation schemes:
Only New Arrival Products = Product recommendations for New Arrivals will consist of only items new within 30 days. Make sure that the number of recommendations in your templates matches the number of new items that typically arrive in your store at once. Too many recommendation slots will create an error if there aren't enough new items to fill them.
New Arrival + Similar Products = Product recommendation 1 will be a new arrival product and the remaining product recs will be similar items. This Recommendation Scheme is suggested for this stage.
You can learn more about adding dynamic product recommendations to your New Arrivals emails here.
- Use generic language that works with a variety of products
- Include strong calls to action, link both the product image and a CTA button
- Build urgency and value by reinforcing the idea of being the first to get the item; or being one of the few to get the item before it sells out
- Merge Tags for Product Recommendations
- Recommendation Scheme Selector
- Only (stage) Product Recommendations
- 1+Similar Product Recommendations
- Display Conditions in the Template Builder
- Display Conditions for Only (stage) Recommendation Schemes
Setting up your New Arrivals email:
1. Click on the New Arrivals stage.
2. Click on "New Email"
3. Choose the type of "New Email" --> Custom HTML or Drag and Drop Template Builder.
4. Whether you select the Custom HTML version or the Drag and Drop Template Builder, you will fill in the following sections:
Template Name = name your template.
Subject lines = add the subject lines you would like to be automatically split tested.
Preview Text = add the preview text that you want included in this email. More info here.
Optional sections include:
From email name and address = who the email says it is coming from.
Reply To email name and address = who the email gets forwarded to when the user clicks reply.
**These are optional because you have already setup a default From and Reply To email address during onboarding. If you want specific emails to have different From or Reply To names/email addresses, you would update it here at the template level.
Incentives = If you wish to include dynamic incentives in your Welcome email, you would pull the eligible incentives from the advanced settings screen. More info on including incentives in emails here.
Optional sections include:
Targeted Segment = is there a particular segment you want this email template to go to? If so, select that segment from the drop down. More info here.
Recommendation Scheme Selector =
Only New Arrival Products: Product recommendations for New Arrivals will consist of only items new within 30 days. Make sure that the number of recommendations in your templates matches the number of new items that typically arrive in your store at once. Too many recommendation slots will create an error if there aren't enough new items to fill them.
New Arrival + Similar Products: Product recommendation 1 will be a new arrival product and the remaining product recs will be similar items. This Recommendation Scheme is suggested for this stage.
5. Select SAVE when finished with your email template.
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. When you are ready to enable the stage, after saving, select "Back to List" to go to the stage's main page.
8. To enable the stage you will flip the toggle to "on".
9. To check the reporting on your new template, go to Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.