Note: This article only pertains to businesses already using Cortex.
Thinking about changing your eCommerce platform?
With so many great options available for building, managing and marketing online stores, it's crucial to keep integration in mind when choosing a new e-commerce platform.
This article will help you understand how changing your current eCommerce platform will affect your existing email campaigns in Cortex and what steps need to be taken to ensure a smooth migration to the new platform with minimal downtime.
Note: If you are re-platforming e-commerce platform, you must reach out to your dedicated CSM or our Tech Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure no interruption in service.
How will re-platforming affect my existing email campaigns?
Integration is one of the most important things to consider when re-platforming. Running an online business requires more than just an e-commerce platform; many plugins and software need to be integrated for performing different tasks.
Unlike many Email Service Providers (ESPs), Cortex is an AI-driven ESP directly powered by your eCommerce data through a data feed (e.g. Flat Files, Magento Extension, & Shopify App). Since our machine learning models train off this eCommerce data, when you decide to re-platform your eCommerce site, we will have to retrain our models using your new eCommerce data.
To prevent any data collisions from occurring which can result in unexpected behaviors, ReSci will create a new Cortex instance to train on your new eCommerce data.
To ensure a smooth migration during your eCommerce re-platforming:
- Reach out to your dedicated CSM or contact our Tech Support (email@example.com)
- Answering the following questions:
- What eCommerce platform are you switching to?
- Do you have a dedicated tech contact who will be managing the re-platforming effort?
- Are you planning to use the same domain name (i.e. website URL) for the new site?
- When is your tentative launch date?
- When are you planning to deactivate your current platform?
- When are you planning to activate your new platform?
- Will you be moving your existing eCommerce data into the new platform or will you be starting fresh?
- Do you have any unique business considerations that should be known by ReSci to ensure a smooth re-platform?