Table of Contents
- Important Considerations for All Files
- What are the Standard File Schemas?
- What does each Data Filetype do for You?
- Following the File Naming Convention
- Sending Historical Data
- Daily Files for Traditional E-Commerce Businesses
- Daily Files for Subscription Businesses
SFTP (SSH file transfer protocol) is used to securely transfer files to Retention Science. All files should be loaded to the /uploads folder.
Retention Science's data schema have been optimized to power Cortex AI performance and ensure our client's success. Whether you are setting up Flat File Imports to feed us your data or already installed our Shopify or Magento plug ins, this guide will help your understand our data schema and key details. (You can also watch our YouTube videos for similar explanations of data, JS, and other topics).
How is this Data Received?
- Categories/Items/Users/Orders/Order_Items are "magically" pulled from the respective systems via our standard code installs
- Subscriptions/Item Reviews/User Wish Lists would have to be FTPed over
- For things like Subscription data we may have additional resources to support you, such as our Recharge Script which covers 90% of the DEV work for a Recharge integration!
- All data would be sent via FTP as "Flat Files"
- simple csv or tsv files
- Usually our clients get their query setup to extract data in a certain manner, then schedule a job to execute the query and transfer the file to our FTP
- Though each client's execution of this task is going to be different depending on tech infrastructure
- This method is not really used to fill large amounts of historical data, but can technically be used to add orders/users to our system in real time
- You can reference our Data API documentation here