- Setting up
- Using Postman
- Set up a test ping
- Set up headers
- Creating a new user
- Checking your new user data
- Get Postman.
- Review the developer documentation for API calls.
- Make sure you have a unique API key for your needs. The API keys given for sftp access, Shopify extensions, and Magento extensions will not authenticate for user creation, transactional emails, events, or other data transfer.
If you have any questions contact tech support.
- Click New.
- Click Request.
- Select a folder and click Save.
Set up a test ping
- Copy the Ping URL from the documentation into Postman.
- Set the request type to GET.
Set up headers
- Click Headers and select or create a new key.
- Create a key for both the Content-Type and Authorization headers and assign the corresponding value:
- Send your ping. If your call was structured correctly, this should return your site ID. If not you will see an error.
Creating a new user
- Copy the users URL into Postman.
- Switch the call to POST.
- Update the header to include "Content-Type Application/json."
- Copy the example body and paste it in the Body tab.
- Click Body, select "raw," and modify the body to create a new and unique example.
- Send your Post call.
Checking your new user data
- Delete the body from your POST call.
- Change the call type from POST to GET.
- Update the URL to https://firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update the URL and replace email@example.com with your user email.
- Send your request.