Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
New Arrivals is the smarter, simpler way to bring news of new products to the customers most likely to be interested in them. Instead of blasting your entire list with news of a product they may or may not be interested in, Cortex uses your customers' predicted preferences to build a list of customers to target
Who will receive New Arrivals?
New Arrivals will be sent to users with browsing or purchase history that includes items similar or related to an item recently added to the catalog.
When will New Arrivals send?
New Arrivals will send beginning 24-48 hours after a new item in your product catalog is first available for purchase; targeting users based on their best time to contact.
How do Product Recs work for New Arrivals?
For all recommendation schemes in New Arrivals, the first recommendation will be a brand new item for your store, which has become available for purchase in the last 48 hours.
Additional recommendations can be defined by selecting from the following recommendation schemes:
Only New Arrival Products = Product recommendations for New Arrivals will consist of only items new within 30 days. Make sure that the number of recommendations in your templates matches the number of new items that typically arrive in your store at once. Too many recommendation slots will create an error if there aren't enough new items to fill them.
New Arrival + Similar Products = Product recommendation 1 will be a new arrival product and the remaining product recs will be similar items. This Recommendation Scheme is suggested for this stage.
You can learn more about adding dynamic product recommendations to your New Arrivals emails here.
- Use generic language that works with a variety of products
- Include strong calls to action, link both the product image and a CTA button
- Build urgency and value by reinforcing the idea of being the first to get the item; or being one of the few to get the item before it sells out
- Merge Tags for Product Recommendations
- Recommendation Scheme Selector
- Only (stage) Product Recommendations
- 1+Similar Product Recommendations
- Display Conditions in the Template Builder
- Display Conditions for Only (stage) Recommendation Schemes
Setting up your New Arrivals email:
1. You will see the New Arrivals stage tile in your account.
2. Click on the New Arrivals stage and select "New Email"
3. Fill in the required email setting fields
Stage: The stage that this email will appear under
Email name: The name of your email.
From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding.
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Recommendation Scheme (optional): If you want to select a specific recommendation scheme for your email, choose the scheme from the drop down. More info here.
Segment targeting (optional): Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
Send only once (optional): Enable this setting if you would like users to receive this email a single time.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
4. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email.
5. After editing the email click "Continue" and then click "Save Email"
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. To enable the email, click on the drop down and select "Activate".
8. Reporting on your new template is found in Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.