Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
Item Back In Stock is a trigger stage that is activated by changing an item's inventory from 0 to anything greater than 0. The email will be sent to users who have purchased, browsed, or added-to-cart that back in stock item or items similar to that item. It's a great way to stimulate sales by targeting users whose predicted preferences include a popular item, without compromising your sends to other users by targeting them with an item they may not be interested in.
Who will receive Item Back In Stock?
Item Back In Stock will be sent to users with browsing or purchase history that includes items similar or related to an item whose inventory went from 0 to an actual inventory amount.
When will Item Back In Stock send?
Item Back In Stock will send beginning the day after an item in your catalog changes from 0 inventory to a number greater than 0, targeting users based on their best time to contact.
How do Product Recs work for Item Back In Stock?
Product recommendations for Item Back In Stock are split into 2 layers: the first is the actual item back in stock, and the remaining items are recommended based on similarity to that item.
The second layer will be based on the data that has been collected and analyzed for each individual’s purchase history and browsing behavior, the behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. This allows Cortex to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
You can learn more about adding dynamic product recommendations to your Item Back In Stock emails here.
You can learn more about the Item Back In Stock product recommendations here.
- Use high-energy language in the subject line and call-to-action
- Use engaging static content to frame the back-in-stock item
- Separate dynamic recommendations from the back-in-stock item
Setting up your Item Back In Stock email:
1. You will see the Item Back In Stock stage tile in your account.
2. Click on the Item Back In Stock stage and select "New Email"
3. Fill in the required email setting fields
Stage: The stage that this email will appear under
Email name: The name of your email.
From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding.
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Segment targeting (optional): Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
Send only once (optional): Enable this setting if you would like users to receive this email a single time.
Show wishlist items (optional): Enable this setting if you would like to recommend users' wish list items in the email. More info here.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
4. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email.
5. After editing the email click "Continue" and then click "Save Email"
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. To enable the email, click on the drop down and select "Activate".
8. Reporting on your new template is found in Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.