Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
Browse Abandon is one of the most profitable Cortex stages as a platform average. It targets engaged users with powerful individualized recommendations, and as a result drives a large share of conversions.
Who will receive Browse Abandon?
Browse Abandon is a trigger stage and is activated after a user visits your online store, views at least one specific item page, and does not convert. A user will receive a browse abandon email provided they do not qualify for a higher conversion stage (such as cart abandon), and you do not override the send with a promo blast.
When will Browse Abandon send?
Browse Abandon usually sends the next day, according to the user's best time to contact. If the user does not qualify for a different Cortex stage Browse Abandon will follow up at the user's best interval over a 2-week period.
How do Product Recs work for Browse Abandon?
Cortex will populate the first recommendation as one of the items that was recently browsed. Cortex will select the remaining product recommendations based on the data that has been collected and analyzed for each individual’s purchase history and browsing behavior, the purchase behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. This allows Cortex to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- Use a minimum of 2 dynamic recommendations per template
- Use language that reflects your brand and inspires engagement
- Remind the shopper of any standard incentive
(i.e. "free shipping on all purchases")
- Do not include a special discount or incentive
Setting up your Browse Abandon email:
1. You will see the Browse Abandon stage tile in your account.
2. Click on the Browse Abandon stage and select "New Email"
3. Fill in the required email setting fields
Stage: The stage that this email will appear under
Email name: The name of your email.
From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding.
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Segment targeting (optional): Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
Send only once (optional): Enable this setting if you would like users to receive this email a single time.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
4. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email.
5. After editing the email click "Continue" and then click "Save Email"
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. To enable the email, click on the drop down and select "Activate".
8. Reporting on your new template is found in Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.