Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
Manual A/B Split Segments
Step 1: Create Your Testing Segments
- Select Data Management from the Toolbar on the left side of the screen
- Click into Smart Segments
Step 2: Create Your "Group 1" or "A" Segment
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to Your Segments
- Click "Create New" button
3. Give your "Group 1" segment a unique, easy to identify name
ex: "2016 December Promotion Group A 5% Off"
4. Select the parameters for all users you want to include in the A/B test
- In this example we will be A/B testing sends to users in the United States
- Pro Tip: Be sure to include “Is Subscribed Is True” as part of any segment you create to ensure you’re targeting only customers that are subscribed to your emails
5. Add the filter condition "A/B Testing Groups"
6. Determine the total number of groups you’d like to create and enter that number into the second box
- This can be as few as two groups to as many as you’d like to create
7. Select "Is" in the operator field, and enter "1", as this is the first group in your set
8. Click Save
Step 3: Create Your "Group 2" or "B" Segment
- Create another new Smart Segment
- Give your segment a unique, easy to identify name
ex: "2016 December Promotion Group B 10% off"
- Copy the filter conditions from the "Group 1" segment
- Set the group equal to 2
- Click Save
- For A/B/C or larger tests, repeat "Step 3: Create Your 'Group 2' Segment" for each additional group
Step 5: Set Up Your Promotional Blasts
- Create a Promotional Blast for each A/B testing Group