Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
Welcome is the first communication new users will receive when they signup to receive emails from your brand. After a user signs up for your mailing list, they will receive this Welcome email immediately.
Who will receive Welcome?
Any new signup who has not made a purchase, and was submitted to Cortex through a valid API call.
When will Welcome send?
The Welcome email will be sent immediately upon the user entering the database. It will reach all eligible users unless you override the send with a Promotional Blast.
- Use language that reflects your brand message and inspires engagement.
- Use a strong hero image that reflects the core of your brand.
- Remind the shopper of any standard incentive (i.e. "free shipping on all purchases").
- Consider including a special first purchase incentive.
- Currently product recommendations are not supported in the Welcome stage.
- Currently the segment selector is not supported in the Welcome stage.
Setting up your Welcome email (if it was not setup during your Onboarding period):
1. Contact Tech Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and request they generate an API key for the Welcome stage.
2. Once you receive the API key and you see the Welcome stage in Cortex setup the API call:
In the upper right of the navigation bar click: select API --> data/v3.0.0 to see the documentation for the user API
3. Questions on setup? Email email@example.com for assistance.
Setting up your Welcome email (once your API call is setup):
1. You will see the Welcome stage tile in your account.
2. Click on the Welcome stage and select "New Email"
3. Fill in the required email setting fields
Stage: The stage that this email will appear under
Email name: The name of your email.
From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding.
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
4. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email.
5. After editing the email click "Continue" and then click "Save Email"
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. To enable the email, click on the drop down and select "Activate".
8. Reporting on your new template is found in Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.