What are Predicted Product Preferences?
Predicted Product Preferences are one of Cortex's most valuable tools for maximizing engagement and return on each individual email. The users listed in each segment are users that have a predicted affinity for that specific item. This means that their purchases, browsing behavior, or demographics indicate(s) a high level of purchase interest compared to most of your users.
In contrast to traditional email marketing, which blasts your entire list with content these segments allow you to focus your messaging for maximum value. This frees up the other users to receive different messaging, which contains content tailored to their preferences.
This is the same technology that powers New Arrivals, Price Drop, and Item Back In Stock Cortex Stages.
Where Predicted Product Preferences can be used?
1. Is there a product on this list that needs to be liquidated because there is still too much stock on hand?
Send a Smart Blast to this segment with messaging about that specific product, why they need to purchase the product with a sense of urgency. Remember these users have either purchased that item before or they have interacted with that item.
2. Did you just release a new product that is similar to one of the Predicted Product Preferences?
Send a Smart Blast to this segment with messaging about this new product. Most likely they will be very interested and highly engaged with this new product.
3. Use the Predicted Product Preferences segment from the segment selector in Cortex emails. This allows you to have more personalized and targeted messaging within your emails. Include static content about that particular product in the email to elicit engagement and give the user a more personalized experience. Think about stages like New Arrivals, Follow Up, Read to Buy, Replenishment, Item Back in Stock.
How it works:
1. Once Predicted Product Preferences is enabled in your account, click the "+" under "Action" for the data to populate.
2. Once the data is populated, you will have a drop down option under "Action" to export the user data or you can select the segment from the drop down within Cortex or Promotional Blasts.
Don't see Predicted Product Preferences in your account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.