Now that you have Cortex, it's time to take advantage of your new tool and all its great features. Each stage gives Cortex more control over the messaging your users receive.
When you open up the Cortex dashboard and go to your campaign section you'll be greeted by the tiled Cortex display, ready for you to turn on new content! The tiles will illuminate as you turn on templates for each stage.
Select any Cortex stage and click the stage tile to get started. When you open your Cortex stage you'll be greeted by a menu that will hold your stage's templates.
1. Click the "New Email" button to get started on a new template.
2. You will be prompted to enter in an email name before you can proceed. Once you fill out the email name click continue.
TIP: Make sure to name your emails something descriptive so you can easily find them in reporting later, such as "Valentine's promotion 2/14/18 - Facebook users - California".
3. You'll be taken to the step 1 of the report builder: Fill out From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding. Click "Save Draft" if any changes are made and then click "Continue" when you are done.
4. Step 2 of the builder will ask you to fill out the email subject line and preview text:
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
5. Step 3 of the builder is where you can add incentives, select a recommendation scheme, or target a segment or specific category.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Recommendation Scheme (optional): If you want to select a specific recommendation scheme for your email, choose the scheme from the drop down. More info here.
Segment targeting (optional): Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
Item targeting (optional): Select a specific category or item type to include or exclude from the product recommendations in this email.
6. Step 4 of the builder is where you select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
7. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email. Be sure to hit "Save Draft" often to retain all of your updates.
8. Once completed, you can preview your email, send a test email, or create a plain text version of your email by going to the drop down menu in the top right hand corner. In the Drag and Drop builder only, you can export the HTML for your own purposes.
9."Continue to summary" will take you to the final Summary screen, where you can confirm all your settings and proceed to activate your email:
The email can also be activated from the Emails page: