This article is part of the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide. For the standard Cortex Stage Guide click here.
Price Drop is a great way to stimulate purchases of your one-off and add-on items, this stage targets users with a predicted preference for an item that is now reduced in price. It is sent out after an item in your store drops 1% or more in price, and targets only the users who are most likely to purchase that item.
Who will receive Price Drop?
Price drop will only be sent to users with browsing or purchase history that includes items similar or related to the item that is reduced in price. Price drop will send to both leads and active subscribers and can be filtered to exclude or include customers who have purchased the reduced price item.
When will Price Drop send?
Price Drop will send the next day after Retention Science receives the reduced price, targeting users based on their best time to contact.
How do product recs work for Price Drop?
Product recommendations for Price Drop are split into 2 parts: the first part is the item that dropped in price, and the second part is a set of dynamic recommendations based on the similarity of other items in the catalog to the reduced price item.
- Include a high-urgency call to action, link both the product image and a CTA button.
- Use generic language that works with a variety of products.
- Introduce the deal in the subject line.
- Build urgency and value by reinforcing the idea of getting the item before it sells out.
- Experiment with subject lines and call-to-action lines to find what resonates with your brand's audience.