This article is part of the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide. For the standard Cortex Stage Guide click here.
When a client cancels their subscription to your products, that represents lost future revenue for your business. Returning a canceled customer to an active subscription is a great way to maintain revenue growth for your brand. The Churned stage is the best home for your content aimed at winning back
Who will receive Churned?
Customers who have canceled their subscription will be eligible to receive Churned emails.
When will Churned send?
Churned will send on a customer's preferred interval after a customer subscription status is updated to "Canceled," and will follow up at the user's best interval. Churned will send for up to 60 days unless the user qualifies for a different Cortex stage by returning to your online store (cart/subscription abandon), purchasing (new subscriber, follow-up), or remaining inactive (moves to Needs Nurturing).
How do product recs work for Churned?
Product recommendations for Churned will be based on the data that has been collected and analyzed for each individual’s purchase history and browsing behavior, the behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. This allows Cortex to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- Create 8-10 templates with 3-5 subject lines so Cortex can optimize your open and click rate
- Use targeted language that shows appreciation for the customer and calls them towards a re-subscription or single item purchases
- Include a strong Call To Action
- Use Smart Segments to target short-term and long-term subscribers differently
- Use Smart Segments to target hero images based on purchase history or demographics
- Use an aggressive discount to get customers "over the hump" of a second purchase
- Use Dynamic Recommendations optimized by Cortex
- Provide smaller discounts or no discount for repeat purchasers to avoid diminishing the value reputation of your products at full price