This article is part of the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide. For the standard Cortex Stage Guide click here.
New To Your Brand is the beginning of each user's journey with your brand and will be your first attempt to convert a new signup into a paying customer via email. It is your opportunity to re-establish the appeal and value of your brand and products; and to entice interested users into making their first purchase.
Who Will Receive New To Your Brand?
Any new signup who has not yet subscribed to your products will receive a New To Your Brand email.
When Will New To Your Brand send?
New To Your Brand sends on the second day after the date their account is created. It will reach all eligible users unless you override the send with a Promo Blast.
How Do Product Recs Work For New To Your Brand?
Cortex uses a flexible and intelligent recommendation scheme for New To Your Brand that is actually three recommendation schemes combined.
- For new users who browse the web store after signing up, product recommendations are targeted based on each individual’s browsing behavior, the purchase behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. Cortex uses this data to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- For new users with no browsing history Cortex uses Intelligent Cold Start recommendations. Using predicted gender and the location of the user when they sign up Cortex is able to target recommendations based on the purchase behavior of customers most similar to the new users.
- If information is unable to be collected on the new user at signup a broader recommendation scheme based on the most popular products will be used.
You can learn more about adding dynamic product recommendations to your New To Your Brand emails here.
You can learn more about the New To Your Brand product recommendations here.
- Use language that reflects your brand message and inspires engagement
- Use a strong hero image that reflects the core of your brand.
- Remind the shopper of your brand's value proposition
- Consider including a special first purchase incentive