When following the article How to Create a Smart Blast here, you will need two email templates and two Smart Segments if you are doing a 50/50 test.
Steps to Creating
1. Create the two email templates.
2. Create the segments you are split testing under Your Segments.
STEP ONE: Create Your "Group 1" or "A" Segment
- Give your "Group 1" segment a unique, easy to identify name. ex: "2016 December Promotion Group A 5% Off"
- Select the parameters for all users you want to include in the A/B test.
- In this example we will be A/B testing sends to users in the United States.
- Pro Tip: Be sure to include “Is Subscribed Is True” as part of any segment you create to ensure you’re targeting only customers that are subscribed to your emails.
- Add the filter condition "A/B Testing Groups".
- Determine the total number of groups you’d like to create and enter that number into the second box. This can be as few as two groups to as many as you’d like to create.
- Select "Is" in the operator field, and enter "1", as this is the first group in your set.
- Click Save
STEP TWO: Create Your "Group 2" or "B" Segment
- Create another new Smart Segment
- Give your segment a unique, easy to identify name. ex: "2016 December Promotion Group B 10% off"
- Copy the filter conditions from the "Group 1" segment
- Set the group equal to 2
- Click Save
Repeat as necessary for the number of groups you wish to test.
Complete your Smart Blast by following the How to Create a Smart Blast article here.