When you upload a list, each entry is evaluated during processing:
- If the user does not exist, a new user will be created with the data from your file
- If the user already exists, their data will be updated according to the file
Cortex is an automated marketing platform; new users will be put in queue for New To Your Brand and will start being evaluated for sends to other stages. List upload users will not receive welcome.
To reach these users with special messaging you'll want to control their data when you upload your list:
- If you upload a list, and set your users' account_created_on values to one week in the past, Cortex will no longer try to send new to your brand messaging to these customers.
- If you upload a list, and set a specific registration_source for your list you can segment a specific New To Your Brand template for those users.
- If you upload a list, and set a date_unsubscribed for your users, they will only receive transactional messaging from Cortex.
List uploads can be used to set the following user properties:
- account_created_on (YYYY-MM-DD format required)
- date_unsubscribed (YYYY-MM-DD format required, any date will unsubscribe the user)
User record_id cannot be set or updated through the in-app tools.
Need more? See these articles:
If you have any questions about how to control the messaging your new users receive submit a request to the support team.