Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
♫ It's time to celebrate!! ♫ The Anniversary stage is the perfect way to celebrate your customers and thank them for being a part of your success. Reach out to your customers in a personalized manner to continue building on your current relationship, on the anniversary of when your relationship began! This stage is all about the customer, so focus on them. Utilize product recommendations, incentives and personalization (Think First Name Merge Tag) to continue building a strong relationship with your customers.
Who will receive Anniversary?
Every user in your database is eligible for Anniversary if they are subscribed to email marketing.
When will Anniversary send?
Anniversary will send every year on the anniversary of your user's account created on date.
How do Product Recs work for Anniversary?
Product recommendations for Anniversary will be based on the data that has been collected and analyzed for each individual’s purchase history and browsing behavior, the behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. This allows Cortex to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
You can learn more about adding dynamic product recommendations to your Anniversary emails here.
You can learn more about Anniversary product recommendations here.
- Greet your customer personally, make them feel appreciated
- Reinforce your brand image and key value proposition
- Use a minimum of 3 dynamic recommendations per template
Setting up your Anniversary email:
1. You will see the Anniversary stage tile in your account.
2. Click on the Anniversary stage and select "New Email"
3. Fill in the required email setting fields
Stage: The stage that this email will appear under
Email name: The name of your email.
From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding.
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Recommendation Scheme (optional): If you want to select a specific recommendation scheme for your email, choose the scheme from the drop down. More info here.
Segment targeting (optional): Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
Item targeting (optional): Select a specific category or item type to include or exclude from the product recommendations in this email.
Send only once (optional): Enable this setting if you would like users to receive this email a single time.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
4. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email.
5. After editing the email click "Continue" and then click "Save Email"
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. To enable the email, click on the drop down and select "Activate".
8. Reporting on your new template is found in Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.