Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
According to Experian, birthday emails are one of the best performing email campaigns:
- Birthday emails have a 481% higher transaction rate than promotional emails.
- Birthday emails generate 342% higher revenue per email than promotional emails.
- Birthday emails have 179% higher unique click rates than promotional emails.
With numbers like that, it seems crazy not to run a birthday campaign! Grab a share of that revenue for your own business with the Cortex Birthday stage. The Birthday stage provides an automated touch once-per-year to give your customers a personalized birthday email to incentivize a purchase.
Who receives the Birthday email?
Every user with a stored birthday will receive Birthday messaging, unless you send a promo blast that day.
When will the Birthday email send?
The Birthday email will send every year on your user's stored birthday.
How do Birthday Product Recommendations work?
Product recommendations for Birthday will be based on the data that has been collected and analyzed for each individual’s purchase history and browsing behavior, the behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. This allows Cortex to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
Keep in mind the following when building your Birthday email:
- Greet your user personally, consider using their name in the subject line or pre-header text
- Reinforce your brand image and key value proposition
- Use a minimum of 3 dynamic recommendations per template
- Provide a small incentive
Email example 1:
Example email 2:
Set up your Birthday email
- Under the Cortex menu on the left, click Stages.
- Under the "Lifecycle" tab, click the Birthday block.
- Click New email > Create new.
Follow these steps for setting up your new email.