Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
For many businesses, the lion's share of revenue is created by customers who make multiple repeat purchases. Ready To Buy targets established customers who are still engaged with your brand, giving you the chance to to provide the small push needed to drive an additional purchase.
Who will receive Ready To Buy?
When an established customer remains active on site or re-engages with your brand through email or on the web store, they may become eligible for Ready To Buy. The exact criteria will depend on the patterns established by your customers and observed by the Cortex machine learning models.
When will Ready To Buy send?
Once a user becomes eligible for Ready To Buy, emails will be sent to them according to their optimum send interval and best time to contact, until they become eligible for a different Cortex stage.
How do Product Recs work for Ready To Buy?
For Ready To Buy customers, product recommendations are targeted based on each individual’s purchase history and browsing behavior, the purchase behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. Cortex uses this data to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- Use strong branding with clear and repeated calls to action
- Reinforce your brand's key value proposition
- Use a minimum of 3 dynamic recommendations per template
- Remind the shopper of any standard incentive
(i.e. "free shipping on all purchases")
- Do not include an incentive as this can devalue your brand
Setting up your Ready To Buy emails:
1. You will see the Ready To Buy stage tile in your account.
2. Click on the Ready To Buy stage and select "New Email"
3. Fill in the required email setting fields
Stage: The stage that this email will appear under
Email name: The name of your email.
From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding.
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Recommendation Scheme (optional): If you want to select a specific recommendation scheme for your email, choose the scheme from the drop down. More info here.
Segment targeting (optional): Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
Item targeting (optional): Select a specific category or item type to include or exclude from the product recommendations in this email.
Send only once (optional): Enable this setting if you would like users to receive this email a single time.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
4. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email.
5. After editing the email click "Continue" and then click "Save Email"
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. To enable the email, click on the drop down and select "Activate".
8. Reporting on your new template is found in Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.