This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
For many businesses, the lion's share of revenue is created by customers who make multiple repeat purchases. Ready To Buy targets established customers who are still engaged with your brand, giving you the chance to to provide the small push needed to drive an additional purchase.
Who receives the Ready To Buy email?
When an established customer remains active on site or re-engages with your brand through email or on the web store, they may become eligible for Ready To Buy. The exact criteria will depend on the patterns established by your customers and observed by the Cortex machine learning models.
When will the Ready To Buy email send?
Once a user becomes eligible for Ready To Buy, emails will be sent to them according to their optimum send interval and best time to contact, until they become eligible for a different Cortex stage.
How do Ready To Buy Product Recommendations work?
For Ready To Buy customers, product recommendations are targeted based on each individual’s purchase history and browsing behavior, the purchase behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. Cortex uses this data to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
Ready To Buy email best practices
Keep in mind the following when building your Ready To Buy email:
- Use strong branding with clear and repeated calls to action
- Reinforce your brand's key value proposition
- Use a minimum of 3 dynamic recommendations per template
- Remind the shopper of any standard incentive
(i.e. "free shipping on all purchases")
- Do not include an incentive as this can devalue your brand
Set up your Ready To Buy email
- Under the Cortex menu on the left, click Stages.
- Under the "Lifecycle" tab, click the Ready To Buy block.
- Click New email > Create new.
Follow these steps for setting up your new email.