Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
New + Low Intent is one of the intelligent third steps in a newly acquired user's lifecycle. It is separated from New + High Intent by the behavioral analysis of the users it reaches. This is your opportunity to reach out to less engaged users and make the case for why they should support your brand with a first purchase.
Who will receive New + Low Intent?
After a subscriber receives the New To Your Brand email, their behavior determines if they are eligible for the New + High Intent or New + Low Intent stages. Users with a low level of engagement or no engagement will receive New + Low Intent emails. A user will receive a New + Low Intent email provided they do not make a purchase and you do not override the send with a promo blast.
When will New + Low Intent send?
New + Low Intent sends two days after the user receives the New To Your Brand email, according to the user's best time to contact.
How do Product Recs work for New + Low Intent?
Cortex uses a flexible and intelligent recommendation scheme for New + Low Intent that is actually three recommendation schemes combined.
- For new users who browse the web store after signing up, product recommendations are targeted based on each individual’s browsing behavior, the purchase behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. Cortex uses this data to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- For new users with no browsing history Cortex uses Intelligent Cold Start Recommendations. Using predicted gender and the location of the user when they sign up Cortex is able to target recommendations based on the purchase behavior of customers most similar to the new users.
- If information is unable to be collected on the new user at signup a broader recommendation scheme based on the most popular products will be used.
- Use strong branding with clear and repeated calls to action
- Experiment aggressively with subject lines to increase engagement
- Use a minimum of 3 dynamic recommendations per template
- Remind the shopper of any standard incentive
(i.e. "free shipping on all purchases")
- Consider using an incentive to purchase as these users need more of a push
Setting up your New + Low Intent email:
1. You will see the New + Low Intent stage tile in your account.
2. Click on the New + Low Intent stage and select "New Email"
3. Fill in the required email setting fields
Stage: The stage that this email will appear under
Email name: The name of your email.
From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding.
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Recommendation Scheme (optional): If you want to select a specific recommendation scheme for your email, choose the scheme from the drop down. More info here.
Segment targeting (optional): Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
Item targeting (optional): Select a specific category or item type to include or exclude from the product recommendations in this email.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
4. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email.
5. After editing the email click "Continue" and then click "Save Email"
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. To enable the email, click on the drop down and select "Activate".
8. Reporting on your new template is found in Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.