Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
New + High Intent is one of the intelligent third steps in a newly acquired user's lifecycle. It is separated from New + Low Intent by the behavioral analysis of the users it reaches. This is your opportunity to reach out to newly engaged users and make the case for why they should support your brand with a first purchase.
Who will receive New + High Intent?
After a subscriber receives the New To Your Brand email, their behavior determines if they are eligible for the New + High Intent or New + Low Intent stages. Users with higher levels of engagement (opening emails, browsing on site, adding items to cart) will receive New + High Intent emails. A user will receive a New + High Intent email provided they do not make a purchase and you do not override the send with a promo blast.
When will New + High Intent send?
New + High Intent sends two days after the user receives the New To Your Brand email, according to the user's best time to contact.
How do Product Recs Work for New + High Intent?
Cortex will select product recommendations based on the data that has been collected and analyzed for each individual’s browsing behavior, and the purchase behavior of similar customers. This allows Cortex to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- Use a strong Call To Action, get these shoppers back on site!
- Use a minimum of 3 dynamic recommendations per template.
- Use language that reflects your brand and inspires engagement.
- Remind the shopper of any standard incentive .
(i.e. "free shipping on all purchases")
- Consider using a smaller incentive or no incentive, as these customers have already displayed a higher purchase probability.
Setting up your New + High Intent email:
1. You will see the New + High Intent stage tile in your account.
2. Click on the New + High Intent stage and select "New Email"
3. Fill in the required email setting fields
Stage: The stage that this email will appear in.
Email name: The name of your email.
From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding.
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Recommendation Scheme (optional): If you want to select a specific recommendation scheme for your email, choose the scheme from the drop down. More info here.
Segment targeting (optional): Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
Item targeting (optional): Select a specific category or item type to include or exclude from the product recommendations in this email.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
4. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email.
5. After editing the email click "Continue" and then click "Save Email"
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. To enable the email, click on the drop down and select "Activate".
8. Reporting on your new template is found in Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.