Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
New To Your Brand will be your second attempt to convert a new signup into a paying customer via email (if you have the Welcome stage enabled). It is your opportunity to re-establish the appeal and value of your brand and products, and to entice interested users into making their first purchase.
Who receives the New To Your Brand email?
Any new signup who has not yet made a purchase within one day.
When will the New To Your Brand email send?
New To Your Brand sends on the second day after the date their account is created. It will reach all eligible users unless you override the send with a Promo Blast.
How do New To Your Brand Product Recommendations work?
Cortex uses a flexible and intelligent recommendation scheme for New To Your Brand that is actually three recommendation schemes combined.
- For new users who browse the web store after signing up, product recommendations are targeted based on each individual’s browsing behavior, the purchase behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. Cortex uses this data to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- For new users with no browsing history Cortex uses Intelligent Cold Start Recommendations. Using predicted gender and the location of the user when they sign up Cortex is able to target recommendations based on the purchase behavior of customers most similar to the new users.
- If information is unable to be collected on the new user at signup a broader recommendation scheme based on the most popular products will be used.
New To Your Brand email best practices
Keep in mind the following when building your New To Your Brand email:
- Use language that reflects your brand message and inspires engagement.
- Use a strong hero image that reflects the core of your brand.
- Remind the shopper of any standard incentive. (i.e. "free shipping on all purchases")
- Consider including a special first-purchase incentive.
Set up your New To Your Brand email
- Under the Cortex menu on the left, click Stages.
- Under the "Welcome" tab, click the New To Your Brand block.
- Click New email > Create new.
Follow these steps for setting up your new email.