Please click here if you are using the legacy version of Cortex.
This article is part of the Cortex Stage Guide. For the Subscription Cortex Stage Guide click here.
New To Your Brand will be your second attempt to convert a new signup into a paying customer via email (if you have the Welcome stage enabled). It is your opportunity to re-establish the appeal and value of your brand and products; and to entice interested users into making their first purchase.
Who will receive New To Your Brand?
Any new signup who has not yet made a purchase within one day.
When will New To Your Brand send?
New To Your Brand sends on the second day after the date their account is created. It will reach all eligible users unless you override the send with a Promo Blast.
How do Product Recs work for New To Your Brand?
Cortex uses a flexible and intelligent recommendation scheme for New To Your Brand that is actually three recommendation schemes combined.
- For new users who browse the web store after signing up, product recommendations are targeted based on each individual’s browsing behavior, the purchase behavior of similar customers, the popularity of items in the catalog, and more. Cortex uses this data to predict the preferences of each individual and target them with the best recommendations.
- For new users with no browsing history Cortex uses Intelligent Cold Start Recommendations. Using predicted gender and the location of the user when they sign up Cortex is able to target recommendations based on the purchase behavior of customers most similar to the new users.
- If information is unable to be collected on the new user at signup a broader recommendation scheme based on the most popular products will be used.
- Use language that reflects your brand message and inspires engagement.
- Use a strong hero image that reflects the core of your brand.
- Remind the shopper of any standard incentive.
(i.e. "free shipping on all purchases")
- Consider including a special first-purchase incentive.
Setting up your New To Your Brand email:
1. You will see the New To Your Brand stage tile in your account.
2. Click on the New To Your Brand stage and select "New Email"
3. Fill in the required email setting fields
Stage: The stage that this email will appear under
Email name: The name of your email.
From name, From email, Reply-to email address (optional): Update if you want to send emails from an address different than what was set up during onboarding.
Email subject lines: Add multiple subject lines for testing.
Preview text (optional): Add the text you wish to display before the subject line when viewed in the inbox. More info here.
Incentives (optional): Select the incentives you wish to populate or split test in the email. More info here.
Recommendation Scheme (optional): If you want to select a specific recommendation scheme for your email, choose the scheme from the drop down. More info here.
Segment targeting (optional): Select a segment from the drop down if you want a specific cohort to receive this email.
Item targeting (optional): Select a specific category or item type to include or exclude from the product recommendations in this email.
Select email type: Select how the email will be constructed. Selecting HTML Editor will allow you to build the email using HTML code. The other three selections will use the in-app Template Builder tool.
4. Click "Continue to Editor" to format and build your email.
5. After editing the email click "Continue" and then click "Save Email"
6. Make sure to always send tests of your email before enabling. More info here on test sends before enabling.
7. To enable the email, click on the drop down and select "Activate".
8. Reporting on your new template is found in Insights --> Artificial Intelligence Stats --> Trend Details.